will Alternative energy effectively replace fossil fuels when we run out?

Updated on November 13, 2021 in Science & Technology
6 on May 31, 2020

will Alternative energy effectively replace fossil fuels when we run out?

• Liked by
1 on November 7, 2021

Yes and it will be cheaper

on November 12, 2021

Lol seems like too simple a response but I’m open to hearing about your opinion a bit more.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on November 8, 2021

No, it wouldn’t. Ignoring the fact that major countries around the world are planning to go carbon neutral by 2050, the current world meta relies and revolves around using fossil fuels. Also, countries mostly in the middle east who get a major percentage of their exports from fossil fuels and Russia who exports large amounts of Natural Gas to the rest of Europe wouldn’t like the idea of the world going alternative energy. It just doesn’t fit with their interests. Even though the world’s slowly starting to turn towards renewable energy that doesn’t mean they’d get to it on time(notice how I said, “slowly.”

on November 12, 2021

I know you’re cool with critique Luzao, so ill start with that. I feel like your response isnt directly addressing the question being asked. OP isn’t asking if green energy will be a thing, they’ve already assumed so by saying “when it runs out”. They’re asking if what we get out of green energy will compare to what we get out of fossil fuels.

My answer would be that it will most likely be almost as good.

on November 13, 2021

In that case, then yeah. Green Energy would be more cheaper and efficient than fossil fuels.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 12, 2021

I kind of think you should have phrased your question differently. By saying “when it runs out” the argument goes from one about efficacy to one about necessity. If we’re asking whether green energy will be effective once its the only option, the answer can only be that it will be as effective as possible because it is the only option. Any comparison between green energy and fossil fuels is irrelevant at that point.

Now if we’re asking “can green energy effectiveness compare to fossil fuels?” I would say no, probably not, but it also probably won’t be so much worse as to be catastrophic.

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies