So, having been divorced a few years now, and having been on innumerable dates and heard the same refrain so many times, I just have to ask this question.
I have determined that it seems kind of obvious to me now, based on the entire stories former husbands tell me, that women stopped having sex for these reasons:
1) The husbands suck in bed from a standpoint of mechanics
2) He doesn’t show respect by showing affection and admiration
3) It’s a power struggle and the wife resents the husband’s behavior out of the bedroom, even though she may still care for him
4) The husband is an insensitive or controlling asshole who focuses on his own needs without regard to others (applies highly to Leos!) like the one I met last week who was completely in shock when the wife just moved out with all her stuff one day, even though he thought everything was perfect. As he said “She just gave me head the day before…she went down on me a couple of times a week, every week, and had dinner on the table every night. He failed to mention anywhere in that conversation what he did for her. Ever. So she finally just showed him who had the power.
5) The wife is staying in the marriage for external reasons (finances, kids, religious dictates, social standing) even though she has contempt for the husband.
What I have found repeatedly is that while the husband labeled his ex-wife as “not very sexual”, she apparently was quite sexual as soon as she got divorced (or before, with others). Some men told me they found out their ex was involved with another man, even though the wife hadn’t had sex with her husband for YEARS…or the wife left after some major argument and moved in with a male “family friend” (heard this one more than once).
I’d love to hear men tell me a scenario that doesn’t fall within the 5 categories above.
By the way, my divorce was caused by # 3 but mostly I finally realized I had just picked the wrong mate and I’d evolved dramatically over the 20 yrs while he really didn’t evolve at all. I was also the primary breadwinner, and was enduring a lot of bad behavior as a result of his own insecurities from that.