Isn’t the woman always keeping the baby after divorce sexist?

Updated on December 30, 2020 in Battle of the Sexes
8 on November 13, 2019

I am not sure about my opinion. Yes, the woman did carry the baby and experience horrible pain, but men can’t do this, are we just to assume that they wouldn’t if they could?

• Liked by
0 on September 28, 2020

Women are thought to be more neuturing and more comforting. I think that is why the women normally get the child. But this is modern day sexism that isn’t right and needs to be looked at. I think there should be investigations for both to decide if they are fit to parent and ask the child who’d they prefer. But that’s just my opinion

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on October 24, 2020

Oh, 100%. Both male and female had the same say in the matter. Both of them knew it wasn’t going to be easy. So, for the mother to get custody over the kid/s is sexist.

• Liked by
Cancel
4 on November 3, 2020

Always is a dumb word to include in your premise unless you’re clickbaiting. Also it depends on the local laws. It could be seen as sexist, but your question is so broad that it is hard to address directly. Figure out a better question.

on November 25, 2020

YES. But in my opinion sometimes yes it is sexist… towards women

on November 28, 2020

@Bangaalore my question to you is why do you feel that always is a dumb word. That’s your opinion and to someone else it’s not so maybe stay in your lane and focus on the question and not the way the question was asked.

on December 30, 2020

@whysomad_hsksksnnsms your username is awkward to type but I don’t think it even sends notifications so whatever.

Reasons the word “always” is dumb in this specific context: 1. It implies that women keeping the baby is always guaranteed and its not. 2. Its clickbait, hyperbolic language that isn’t necessary to making the statement OP was trying to make.

I also only made that comment because (as I said in that comment) the question as formed is hard to reply to for the reasons I outlined above. If they had asked “is it wrong that on average custody suits after divorce tend to favor women?” I could easily and directly respond. My biggest worry about the formulation of the original post is that it leaves room to muddy the waters with an abortion argument. You remember agreeing with me on the female body autonomy thing? I’m worried that trying to respond to this posters comments would reopen that debate when its supposed to be centered around already growing children involved in divorces.

If the “always” thing boils down to a matter of opinion for you, I would argue that my opinion is correct objectively for the reasons above. It is my opinion. Its also deductively true.

on December 30, 2020

@IComeToDebateNotArgue yeah I saw your other comment but I’m not sure there’s an argument there I can respond to. Just a position. I could push on it, but I have a feeling you have some well thought argument for it that I’d rather hear first.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on November 25, 2020

Yes. Towards women.

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies