Are there more than 2 genders

Updated on March 17, 2022 in Politics
25 on October 17, 2020

I believe that there are only two genders/sex but for people that don’t agree with me they say gender and sex is different. I wouldn’t like to know how do I can be informed.

• Liked by
2 on October 24, 2020

I believe that until they turn 16, they have to be either a male or female. There is no way of identifying a baby as anything other than male or female. So, when they turn 16, they get to decide what gender they want. Whether man, woman, trans or other.

on October 25, 2020

Ok but why 16. Like why not 18 or 14 when most youth hit puberty

on November 3, 2020

OP’s take is weird in the way it projects sexuality onto children. I’d say they aren’t male or female until age of consent, but more that the gender of a person below the age of consent doesn’t matter beyond their personal feelings. If a 12 year old claims to be a different gender than their biological sex just laugh and ignore them. They will figure it out over time.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on November 3, 2020

By this point in time gender has taken on socialized meaning of being separate from sex. Biologically, yes, you’re right. There are only 2 sexes. However, what most people refer to as gender is different from biological sex. If you view transgenders as presenting a different gender than their biological sex, which at this point is hard to argue, then a biologist might argue that a trans-woman (bio male) presents a separate gender than the traditional male or female. Gender has become something non-binary even if tradition contradicts this. Personally, a better question than “are there more than 2 genders” is asking “is gender meaningful in a post-gender-binary society”.

on November 28, 2020

Chromosomes don’t lie and neither does basic biology. Facts don’t care about your feelings so go cry in a corner because I’ve been cooking you in every debate we’ve had or you’ve replied too

on December 29, 2020

Okay so that viewpoint is called Trans Medicalism and fails to acknowledge certain contemporary understanding that are politically controversial but not scientifically. So, while there are good arguments for wiggle room on the chromosomes thing, I think that’s distracting from your original question of “are there more than 2 genders?”
Essentially your definitions for sex and gender seem to be very similar if not synonymous, but the side you’re arguing against seems to see them as referring to different things. Any debate that doesn’t clarify definitions is going to be messy. Using the current scientific definitions of sex and gender the answer to your question seems to be yes, there are probably multiple “genders”, but that doesn’t change that there are only 2 “sexes” and intersex outliers.

P.S. – I haven’t been through all my replies but I wasn’t aware we’ve had any back and forth until now. Now from what I’ve seen so far we’ve only agreed so if you’ve cooked me I have yet to see it. Honestly though please go in on me whenever you like, I enjoy having someone willing to challenge my ideas. I’ve honestly been mostly happy with your replies. Please take another look. Also good Ben Shapiro meme my guy, very four digit IQ.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
13 on November 11, 2021

Gender and sex are different. Sex is biological ( this is kinda off topic but there are 3 sexes, male, female, and intersex.) and gender is how you feel.

Yes they’re are more than two genders. They’re is an infinite number of genders and ways to express gender but the most well known one is being Non-binary. Less well known genders include agender, gender fluid, Demi girl/boy, and gender queer.

In fact genders other than male and female isn’t new, many religions/cultures have had third genders such as bissu in Indonesia or two spirited in some Native American tribes. Nearly all continents (not Antarctica) recognized a third gender before the British arrived.

on November 11, 2021

I’ve never heard of a gender called ‘intersex’ before, could you explain that to me? Don’t worry, I’m just curious.

on November 11, 2021

Intersex is when your born with genitalia or chromosomes that don’t match for example you might be born with xx chromosomes and a penis or you could have a vagina but produce sperm. This is something that happens in the womb and is completely natural. It has nothing to do with being transgender and as I said before is a sex not a gender.

on November 11, 2021

Ayeee nice to see someone who knows their shit. I really don’t understand why its so hard for people to separate sex and gender. They refer to different things, but people always tie them together

on November 11, 2021

Science is a real thing and science says there are only two genders.

on November 11, 2021

No you’re actually wrong lol. Even science says there are 3 sexes and that gender expression isn’t inherently tied to them.

on November 11, 2021

I agree and gender is a social construct so it can’t be binary

on November 11, 2021

I’m not sure that social constructs can’t be binary, but I agree with you that gender is obviously a spectrum.

on November 11, 2021

Homosexuality is a mental illness, only the sickness of society has made this normal. Christians are called to care about all people but there is no stipulation that they have to accept what all people do.

on November 11, 2021

You do realize that we aren’t talking about being gay, we’re talking about not being male or female.

on November 11, 2021

And being homophobic or transphobic isn’t helpful to anyone plus it isn’t hurting you when someone’s not straight or cis

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 26, 2022

No omegalul

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 12, 2022

No there’s no evidence that there are more than 2 genders. How people feel is not a gender.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 17, 2022

In a biological sense? No. From an Identity standpoint? Unclear but I would argue yes.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 17, 2022

In a biological sense? No. From an Identity standpoint? Unclear but I would argue yes.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 17, 2022

Mental disorders and your feelings are not facts.

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies